• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd xp 2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

countermods

Disabled
hey people i have an amd xp 2400+ with 1 gig of pc2700 ram i wanna get it to 2.4 ghz i have the cooling so that is in no way my problem but everytime i put my multiplier to 16 it no start should i lower it and just bump up my fsb or if i keep my fsb @ 133 i can bumb up my multi wich one would be a better idea o yea im running an abit kd7raid

Hello. I have just finished my new configuration and it is rock solid.

the config is as follows:
2400+ tbred@2400 MHz
1.85V for stability
200MHz FSB the higher the FSB the broader the band
12x multi the lower the multi the broader the band
ASUS a7n8x-x good mobo
2x256 PC2700 bad RAM
ASUS Gf4400 allso oc'ed but not much
WaterChill 3 block@7V max 15V
temp idle 38 max 45 Stable temps
Maxtor 120Gb 8Mb

Good luck with your clocking. Hope you have a good steping. :D

countermods said:
hey people i have an amd xp 2400+ with 1 gig of pc2700 ram i wanna get it to 2.4 ghz i have the cooling so that is in no way my problem but everytime i put my multiplier to 16 it no start should i lower it and just bump up my fsb or if i keep my fsb @ 133 i can bumb up my multi wich one would be a better idea o yea im running an abit kd7raid

Best bet for OCing is to always max out your fsb before increasing multiplier.

aznchaos said:
what are the good stepping for a 2400?

512 pc2700

I don't know about 2400+ steppings. People talk about 1700+, 2100+ & 2500+ steppings usually but I gotta ask you 103 celcius?!? ...:eek:

Your temperature could not have been measured accurately, that's like 217 F... :eek:

My bios always has the correct temperature. My heatsink wasnt on right and my computer wouldent even start up far enoug hto get to the bios so i reset the cmos and it put the fsb back to normal and voltage. Then i went to the bios to check the temps and it said 103c.

I have the XP2400+ in my sig. Good overclocker, has done 2.5ghz @ 2.1v. I had a AIUCB 0242 and that chip barely did 2.25ghz MAX. After doing a little more testing, my AIUGB 0243 actually does 2350 @ 1.85v 100% stable. Time for a sig update.

My AIUGB does 2350mhz easy on +5% volts and im pretty sure its my mobo holding me back so could go higher

Try to max out you fsb before upping the multi as that will attualy give you a much higer increse in system performance over simply raising the multi

with your ram u should be able to get at least 166mhz fsb but probably alot more the best way to set it up is to lower the multi to the lowest setting then increse the fsb untill the system becomes unstable. then back off the fsb a few mhz untill it becomes stable again then repeat this for the multi but leave the fsb at its stable setting

Back