• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sorry about this...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rashio_UK

hi,
i want to get rid of XP pro on my pc but i dont know how to do it?
i installed xp pro on a clean harddrive so where are no other OS's underneath, so how to i get rid of XP?
i think i will have to format my pc to do it and i am not bothered about that but the problem is i dont know h0ow to format XP?

sorry about posting this in this section but know 1 was replying to me in the OS room.
i need a quick reply becuase i got to get my pc sorted by tomorrow so could some1 please help me quick?

What exactly is your goal here? Are you just trying to format the drive so you have an empty drive or are you intending to install a different os on the drive? Most of the different flavors of windows have an option in the setup that will delete the partition (which will nuke the whole drive just like you want) and then reformat and install the new OS.

If you are looking to just make a blank drive to use as a slave to another drive you should be able to just boot off of the other drive and reformat it from within windows.

Get a dos bootable disk with the utility fdisk. Found on any microsoft system disk or (and more likely) a windows 98 system disk. Type in fdisk at the A prompt. Tell it to list the partitions and you should see it there. Delete it. Now try a whatever install. This utility is sometimes found on new harddrive diskettes which come with the harddrive. Take Care.

Back