• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conexant modem(hsf generic soft56k modem) problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alchemist2001

helo,
I got this stupid modem that doesn't work on win9x and win2k but only work in winxp.

In winxp, most of the time upon completion of boot-up i try to double-click and run the "My Connection icon"

It wont run or open at all and some of the program too reacted this way.

I think it is the modem problem. I download driver from the conexant website and it can detect the modem in win9x and win2k but it doesn't work. So can you give me any suggestion how to solve the problem.

Thanks
:)

If its a zip file, you could try going into it, right click the inf file and select install. I'd just get a new modem Conexant sucks, I hated mine with a passion.

Welcome to the forums.
Check http://www.driverguide.com/ and look for drivers for your modem. There are a number of different Conexant modems, and you may not have the correct ones. User name is Drivers, password is All. usually there is a pretty good selection of posted drivers available.

I just needed a "Conexant" Modem driver last week to fix my brother in law computer. I read the person had trouble too till he found a driver WITH a enumerator, "r7209x Conexant w-enumerator Modem" is the one I used.

Back