• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ Prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rokk1972

I just recieved my 2nd epox mobo, I RMA'ed the 1st one for the same problems I am having with this one. First some specs:

512MB (2x 256) kingston hyperx pc3200 (new)
40GB maxtor HDD (new)
CDrw
Sapphire 9500 np (new)(no mods yet!)
1700+ with slk800u & tornado (both new)
windows 2000pro
350 watt PSU (new)

The prob is I have installed all the compnents, and when I power up I don't get a vid signal. The screen has "activate using PC"

I have 2 other rigs up and running, but using NF7-S boards, So I have tested all the components and I know that they are good. Like I said, I RMA'ed the 1st board for the same thing.

I have also checked for grounds, and have good grounding.

Any info you may have will be greatly apreciated. I am about ready to turn my back on EPOX, and go get me another ABIT mobo.

Thanks

Do you have vid card power plug connected to the 9500?

At 'Integrated Peripherals' BIOS page, setting 'Init Display First' to 'Onboard/AGP' may or may not help. Shouldn't be a problem.

If both boards behaved identically, the problem is not likely a board problem.

What about 9500 vid card? Does it run on another board?

Hope this helps!

Like I Said before, all of the individual components work. I have tested them on my Abit mobo. I have decided to RMA it and get another Abit board.

Thanks

Back