• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Definative best 2500+ stepping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deathknight

I am making plans for when my prometia arrives around the end of the month. I am considering giving a barton 2500+ a whirl and see what some heavy ocing combined with the extra cache will perform like. I am just wondering if there is any clear cut best stepping for the 2500+ yet?

I am currently running a 2100+ and I know that it has a pretty decent ceiling. In the winter in my condo I could run stable over 2.4ghz (with some cool ambient temps & air cooling). I may just end up using that in the promy but the barton intrigues me for some reason.

I don't think any store lists steppings for 2500+'s do they?

None that I know of but if you can buy a chip in person then you can usually check the stepping. Either way I am curious if there are any steppings right now that are blowing the others away.

OK. I've seen many threads talking about Barton steppings.

Search or browse I'm sure you'll hit them straight up...

AQXEA are the best ones =d usually with the latest dates.. as for those last 4 #s personally i like XPMW AND WPMW =d they seem to do well on the tbreds and current my AQXDA0314MPMW does 2.3 at stock voltage on slk-800 sf2

Thanks for the response cherry. You know a place online that lets you order specific steppings?

I have a AQXEA 0327 UPAW, running at 10x216 on my Soltek 75FRN2-L board. I have no clue what the chip will do on a lower voltage as it is new I am running it at 1.75 with vdd at 1.7 vdimm at 2.8. Prime running in background all seems solid

Top line odf numbers on this stepping are AXDA 2500 DKV4D.

I would like to know what is considered to be too hot for these chips. Also any of you guys using MBM 5530 version if so mind sharing how you have the cpu and board temps configured, like what sesor to corresponding winbond?

Thanks

Cisco Kid

Tinker with these for your mobo, senior:
c627627 said:
Motherboard Monitor
http://mbm.livewiredev.com/download.html

Example: How to use Epox 8RDA+ onboard LED to display temperatures:

Right click on the MBM icon in your system tray and select 'Settings'

* General (left side of the window) > Basic (right side of the window) >

Set the following menu option as double click: Settings

Scroll all the way down to 'Enable RD2Pro Support' and make sure it's CHECKED and >
Port '$80' and Sensor 1 is selected underneath

* Temperatures (left side of the window) >
MBM sensor: Sensor1 > Should display Board sensor: WinBond 2 (CPU Temp)
MBM sensor: Sensor2 > Should display Board sensor: WinBond 3 (Case Temp)
Now click on Apply in the lower left side of the window.

c627627 said:
Tinker with these for your mobo, senior:

Thank you Sir,

I do not get to this forum as much as I used to do, LOL son takes up alot of my time hahaha

Cisco KID

Back