• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC2100 ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JerkasaurusRex

I have pc2100 ram which i bought over a year ago when it was good. Now i wanna overclock a bit and i was wondering wut my limitation would be? What is highest FSB i can get with generic pc2100 ddr ram?

wat are your current timings right now with that ram @ 133FSB?
you're going to put your mem thru some wierd settings to get it stable at a certain FSB. I think with your abit mobo, you can try tweaking out the multi down and try working @ 166FSB with your current timings, and see if that works (12x166)... with same vcore.... here's where you'll need to up the vdimm if you system doesn't boot into windows, or starts toget funky on you... raise the vdimm volts, one step at a time, in order to get to the desktop and run some bechies as well, to see if your ram is stable enough at that speed.

Constantinos said:
What is higest FSB i can get with these peices of crap and wuts most aggressives timing i can get?

No one can tell you that, every stick is different, just like processors. Experiment and then YOU can tell US.

Decent PC2100 should be able to hit around 150FSB, I've had som that would do 166 and I've seen some do over 180, like what was said, every chip is different. You can always up your FSB as much as you can then raise the multipier to get the last bit out of your chip.

Back