• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something weard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MooMasster716

Ok i just finished building my very first system and i got a Speeze 5F263B1M3 from new egg because people wer talking about getting temps like 40c and 55C so i got one. Like i said this is the first system ive built so i bought some Arctic Silver's Premium High-Density Thermal Compound Ceramique and replaced the original paste. After i booted and checked the bios after letting it run for awile temps averaged about 69C-71C but that pretty high even compared to the stock AMD fan which is from what i hear the worst yet my temps are as high as stock heatsink temps. Did i install the heatsink wrong did i not use enough thermal paste, im only suposed to put paste on the center part right the core Can someone help me.

Yes, it's quite possible that you incorrectly installed the heatsink. Make sure that part of the base of the HS isn't resting on the raised part of the socket that the CPU plugs into. Also, did you clean off all of the original thermal paste before applying the ceramique? your best bet is to take the heatsink off, clean it and the CPU of all paste. Then reapply the ceramique per AS's website then clamp the heatsink down making sure it's sitting flat on the CPU and not resting on that stupid little ledge that they put on the socket. Hope this helps

Is it an aluminum skived heatsink? If it is I believe that it is also a Spire Skivestream, which I have in my server. I get 30c case and 53c socket (no onboard diode). I also used the thermal pad that was on it.

An athlon 1700Xp DLT3C on a gigabyte 7VKMP and 2 fans 1 intake through front and one exaust at side over the processor

It should be a lot cooler that that, I'd imagine. Especially if its not o/c'd yet (which, BTW, is it?)

No its running stock which is why its weard, thats why i need help i wanna oc to atl east a true 1700 but its already to hot and from what i hear i should be haveing no problems. Also it keeps restatring, is that cuse of the high temps?>

Very likely the restarting is because of the temps. It seems that the heatsink is not seating properly for one reason or another. Check it out again just to be safe.

yeah i guess that wa the problem, i reinstalled the heatsink and after booting i had temps in the high 30's so i o/c to 1760@a60fsb and i got temps of 37Cidle and 42C load thanks.

so the problem was that the heatsink was installed incorrectly? How could you tell that? only from the malfunctioning? how does one install it incorrectly...

...im just wondering... *cry*

-yelizaveta

Yellie said:
so the problem was that the heatsink was installed incorrectly? How could you tell that? only from the malfunctioning? how does one install it incorrectly...

...im just wondering... *cry*

-yelizaveta

you can tell because the heatsink isnt cooling off the processor as much as it should. with that heatsink he shouldnt have had high temps like that with a stock cpu. you install the heatsink correctly by putting it on the cpu so that it's touching all of the core.

Back