• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New hardware popup at start

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stiletto

Everytime I start my computer (windows XP), the new hardware detected window pops up on my usb printer. When I first installed it, I canclled the new hardware pop up and manually installed the drivers on the cd. Now, even though the printer is all set up and works fine, the new hardware pop up continues to pop up.

Is there any way to get rid of this pop up? My only options on it seem to be somehow installing it over again and then deleting it or something.

Thanks

This problem can occur when the printer driver is initially installed. The printer installation program from the manufacturer doesn't enable the New Hardware Wizard to finish its detection of the newly installed printer.

To work around this problem, enable the New Hardware Wizard to finish, even though the wizard cannot detect a new printer...

New Hardware Wizard Detects Printer Device After Every Restart

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q298/3/70.asp :)

Back