• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cleaning registry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just a suggestion...but if you're unfamiliar with the Registry in the respect that you're unsure of which entries are safe to delete, then I would strongly suggest you don't fool around with Registry "cleaners"...or manual editing/deletion of Registry entries.

...and always backup the Registry before making any changes to it (export at the very least the Key of which you'll be modifying). :)

Last edited:
I'm kind of used to fiddling with the registry though. I"ve done many tweaks in there for Windows, kazaalite, and other kind of programs. I also already delete the registries from programs i already deleted. Is that a good start?

Better yet

www.jv16.org

download powercleaner, it does the cleaning of the registry for you, plus it tells you wich ones are safe to delete and wich ones arent...

Circles in green are safe
Circles in Red are not.

Back