• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making an XP Boot CD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

I need to create a Windows XP boot disk using a CD, since none of my floppy drives work (3 of em). I have to make one so that I can flash the bios on my video card. Is there a way I can do this?

Yes, the XP CD is a bootable CD. He meant that he needs a DOS bootable CD, to take the place of a DOS bootable floppy disk, since he does not have any floppy drives.

why don't you use an old 98 or ME boot disk, and transfer all the files to a CD along with the image file and whatever flashing utility you need. Then, the 98 or ME boot disk files should load when you restart your computer and you should be at a command prompt. You can then proceed to flash your BIOS. I have never done this before, but it might work? Its worth a shot.

Cyberwiz01 said:
why don't you use an old 98 or ME boot disk, and transfer all the files to a CD along with the image file and whatever flashing utility you need. Then, the 98 or ME boot disk files should load when you restart your computer and you should be at a command prompt. You can then proceed to flash your BIOS. I have never done this before, but it might work? Its worth a shot.

that would require a floppy disk drive?

Back