• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is 5v_SB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Menardsguy

I just got the Biostar M7NCG microATX mb. This may be a stupid question but there ar a few jumpers labeled "JUSBV1/2/4" and "JKBV1". In the manual it says 1-2 on is 5V and 2-3 on is 5v_SB. What is the difference?

By the way, this board is really great. It is really fast and with my fan config, very very quiet which is a blessing compared to my watercooled rig. I just don't have a case yet since it is on backorder. I ordered the cooler master CS-ATC-620C-BX1 HTPC case (black). Can't wait to see how it turns out since this is my first microATX mb.

Got a manual? If not then 30 seconds of Google can work wonders.

I think the jumpers switch USB and keyboard power between the 5Volt stand by (on all the time) and the normal power, which I think is for the purpose of wakeup-on-keyboard or getting a USB device to be able to power up the computer.

Back