• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird floppy issue in win2k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tcg23

Registered
I just built a pc for my sister, she is in town now.
She has a floppy with all her documents and stuff on it.
I inserted the floppy and copied the files over to the HD.
Now when I insert a different floppy the contents of the origional floppy show up.
If I refresh the screen, logout of win2k, shutdown, reboot, no matter what the the floppy shows that list of files.
Whats really weird is that if I don't insert a floppy and access the drive, the same files show up.

Now if I have no floppy in, open the A:\ drive and refresh, the green light comes on, it thinks the same floppy is always in the drive.

Any thoughts?
I'm running a VIA EPIA Mini ITX 8000 (800mhz cpu w/ vga, lan, and sound onboard.
Win2k is fully patched, I have a BIOS update installed, and the latest 4-n-1 drivers.
I am about to go look in the BIOS, there might be some cacheing going on or something.
I am at a loss..

Any help is greatly appreciated.
-TheCompterGuy23

I just goofed around in the BIOS, nothing strange.

I think it might be related to a video problem.
My video quality does not look all like it used to.
Weird things, like the IE logo reverted to the pre 6.0 version logo.
You know how the IE 6.0 logo is a lighter blue, now the logo is back to like it used to be in IE 5.x, weird.

I am about to ghost the drive, but I don't want to ghost it with problems.

Any feedback is needed.
-TheComputerGuy23

Back