• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enabled or Disable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Breakin Newz

Should the AGP FAST WRITE CAPABILITY be enabled or disabled? Because i think i heard that it should be disabled but not sure...And which is better to use the Lan nVIDIA or the Lan 3COM?

AGP Fast Write is good for video performance, but many times it can make a computer very unstable. So test yours and see if it can handle it, if not, then disable. It dosen't matter too much which lan card you use...3com actually makes networking stuff as their main products so I would say 3com might be more reliable, but performance wise no difference really.

also, if you disable the fastwrites in the bios, check your advanced display features and make sure it's disabled there as well, or it could have problems

there was another thread here about which lan to use, and most ppl use the nvidia, i do too, but which ever you choose, make sure you disable the other

btw, 3com is the one on top, nvidia on bottom, in case you didn't know

Back