• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

if you surf other forums, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeppow

Quite awhile back I generated an overclocking guide, it is a sticky above. It is also a sticky or part of a sticky on a couple other sites including Aussie OC and amdforums.

The guide has been getting about 400 hits per month for the last 6 months and that would appear to be the normal rate. My problem is that in the last two days my web space has gotten 3000 hits, which puts it right at the top of my monthly quota, and the site will be shut down for the remainder of the month when the quota is exceeded.

Now I generated the guide to hopefully be helpful but the usage rate for the last few days appears to be way out of the ordinary. I have little interest in upgrading to a domain service account at $20 a month additional.

If anyone happens to note the guide being linked from another forum that I'm not aware please let me know. It would have appeared in the last 2-4 days.

Thanks for any feedback. :cool:

Last edited:
Can't you check where people are coming from? You could always sign up for different sites at a few free places and it would take like 10 mins to make exact copies of the site.

i've tried that myself q149. The free sites ban you for abusing their service. trust me.

On the subject of stoping people from abusing your bandwidth. I suggest changing the url and asking the mods at each forum you would like the guide linked to change the url in the threads.

Well my site maxed out yesterday so we'll see if anyone (other than Earthlink) complains. It'll be dead for the rest of the month.

Load was constant at about 30 to 40 a day till Thursday when it had 400, 2640 on Friday and 1756 on Sat before it was locked down.

q149, free sites have bandwidth limits plus a lot of popups normally --- there ain't no free lunch. It'll cost me $20 per month + $40 domain registration to get changed over to a web hosted site (commercial site at Earthlink) and that is a lot of cost to provide free info to folks. The commercial site would provide the tracking info about IPs that accessed the info. I'm not so interested in who as I am where they are.

Thanks for the suggestions and additional thoughts are welcome!!!

Be :cool:

Last edited:
Back