• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OOPS FRIED POWER SUPPLY ETC< read on>

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leathersmt

ok, I was waiting for a new scsi drive, and tried to run my puter with the hardrive sitting in the bottom of the puter, well, I forgot and pushed it back a little, and whammo...............fried city.

I know, the power supply is toasted, so is the mother board. and probably the hardrive. The video card seems to be working, and I think the cpu is ok.... was a rough start, wouldnt overclock, but seems to be now, but the memory self test when it boots up, runs through the numbers a few times, till it stays at 10240..... could this mean I have problems with the memory?? Like it skips past the 10240 level a few times,, then completes it, and says it is ok....
How do I test the memory, and the cpu, I have this game, that I used to plya, with no problems, and now, it crashes when I try to play it (AA)> 1.9 version)

any help or advice without to many laughs will be appreciated..... :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek:

I'd say that you should run memtest and prime95. If it crashes, remove a stick of memory and try it again. If it doesn't crash that time, run the other stick. If the 2nd one doesn't crash.... its prolly your CPU. For CPU testing, I'd just find someone with a mobo that supports the chip and just switch them out. If that doesn't crash.... its time to start looking at a new mobo.

ok, I changed the cpu out, and it still does the same things. I have narrowed it down to the video card. The card still works, but when a load is applied, it locks up. I think that is the problem. I have tried taking the memroy thing out and checking it, and no changes. I dont have another video card to try out, as the only one here is a viper 330 and hence no drivers for that card for xp.....thank you for the help.

Back