• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New NF7 setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barnstormer

I will recieve my new NF7 Rev 2.0 in the next day or so and just had a question about setting it up.
Do I have to (or does anyone reccomend) re-intstalling windows (XP) before or after the MB swap?
Or can I just plug everyting together (following the instructions, of course) and go? I will be using all the stuff I have at the moment , other than the RAM, with my new MB.
Any other tips for installing this board?
Thanks
Brian

Where did you get your NF7-S from?? I am wanting to get one from Newegg but they wont tell me if they are shipping Rev 2.0. They probably are by now, but I would be very upset if I didnt get a Rev 2............lol.

Lvcoyote

I'd reinstall the OS.

Also, I just took a gamble and bought an NF7 off of newegg. I'll keep ya informed if it is a rev2 or not.

I just got one from newegg.. Its a v2.0.. I bought one before when they first started selling the 2.0 and that was over like 3-4 months ago so i'd say theres a great chance you WILL get a 2.0.

Newegg is the best place to buy stuff if your looking for the newest stepping CPUs or newest versions since there always buying more stuff.. Nothing sits in there warehouse for very long.. I think there the best!

fsarfino said:
I would reccommend re-installing the os with any motherboard upgrade

Ditto. Always reinstall.

As for the rev 2.0 I haven't seen the post of a single person that has gotten anything but a rev 2.0 from newegg in a while.

Awhile back I bought a top level RAID card so that now when I change mobos (Epox or Abit) I just plug the card into the new board and I'm off. I have to add and delete drivers but that is easier than an OS reinstall, at least for me.

On board RAID or SATA has some advantages (cost for one) but changing mobo brands and even chipsets can be a problem if you're changing your setup as OCers often do.

Deathknight said:
As for the rev 2.0 I haven't seen the post of a single person that has gotten anything but a rev 2.0 from newegg in a while.
ditto. I think about everyone that sells volume is shipping rev2's these days. The old invertory has turned over.

Got my NF7 from Googlegear about two weeks ago...Rev. 2.0. Cost was $94.50 with free shipping. Ordered it on Thurs and got it Tues noon.

I did NOT reinstall Windows XP (had been running a KT400 Via chipset. First time booting I had to boot with the Windows CD and run the Repair program. Ran for a week or so and continued to have problems. Bit the bullet since it had been a while since installing Windows and now everything is working as it should...in other words REINSTALL so you don't have problems.

I know its a pain, but worth it in the long run. Have fun.....

Back