• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2420mhz 2100+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

Hmm, this nf7-s is working out well. I'm at 211x 11.5 with 2.1vcore. Idle temps are ~43c, load ~50c. Cooling with an slk800u and full speed tornado 80mm. Think I should try for 2.5? Not too bad with an older 2100 :D

Great! Keep testing it.

Can someone set me straight on Vcore. I thought anything above 1.85 V is for brief benchmarking and such so you can get higher scores but for everyday use you go back to 1.85 V and below...

Last edited:
c627627 said:
Great! Keep testing it.

Can someone set me straight on Vcore. I thought anything abiove 1.85 V is for brief benchmarking and such so you can get higher scores but for everyday use you go back to 1.85 V and below...

its a good rule to follow...but as with all rules, there are times to break it. Higher voltage will usually shorten the life of the chip, but when people swap out their chip every 6-9 months anyway its not so much of a concern. Usually the biggest reason not to use over 1.85v is the heat that it produces, but if you have a cooling setup that can handle it, it seems ashame not to use it to the fullest :)

Yeah but I thought that was for 1.9x V.

So whoever said "you won't last two weeks on 2.xx V" didn't have it right?

usually anything over 1.85 will greatly reduce the life of the chip electron migration/heat are the main causes.

Personally that 1.85+ is too much esp if you plan to keep the cpu for a while =d

Back