• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uh.. soundstorm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

I just got my nf7-s v2. Where exactly can I find any indication of soundstorm 2 audio? I see the normal nforce2 audio settings in the taskbar. Thats it. In my device manager it just says nvidia mcp etc etc. Sounds and Audio in the control panel says nforce audio tm. :\

as dar as i know soundstorm means full digital and anolog support, you dont get any extra programs etc etc.

james.miller said:
actually, the fact that you've got that control panel says you have soundstorm. Non-soundstorm boards dont have it.

Yup. What he said...;)

I was pondering disabling it and putting in my SB Live! value card because of all the OB sound issues it has, but something other finally swayed me into doing it...

I've been playing a lot of NASCAR 2002 lately, and I decided to dig out my old steering wheel....plugs into a game port. :rolleyes: I was quite surprised the drivers for it work with XP Pro...the wheel dates from the days of Win95.... :eek:

On a good note...no sound issues in UT2003 anymore...;) Although my framerates took a bit of a hit... :(

"how did you get a gameport to work on your nf7? Sorry for stealing this thread."

yeh thats a good point... they dont have one, unless theres a header for it somewhere...????

james.miller said:
actually, the fact that you've got that control panel says you have soundstorm. Non-soundstorm boards dont have it.

It looks like the same standard nforce2 sound panel as my 8rda+..

haha yeah that one. :p I didn't know the t desginated soundstorm.

Boostin14PSI said:
how did you get a gameport to work on your nf7? Sorry for stealing this thread.

LOL...re-read my post... I put my PCI sound card in (SoundBlaster Live! value)... ;)

No..the NF7 series doesn't have any gamport header anywhere.

B.

The 8RDA+ has soundstorm, but it is not Soundstorm certified because Epox, in their infinite wisdom, decided not to include the SPDIF bracket. That is why it is not officially called soundstorm, so just add a SPDIF bracket and you will be set.

Back