• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd Ocing Questions (for a 2200XP)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enyo

ive got a 2200+ tbred

i want to overclock it .. obvously .. heh. ive so far managed a 200mghz overclock just on my thermal take volcano, but ive now upgraded that for a full watercooling system.

my pc specs are in my sig..

A)the cpu is NOT unlocked. what do i gain from unlocking it?

im currantly using 512mb of 2100 ram which ill be changing very shortly for ..TwinMOS 1GB (2x512MB) DDR PC3200 Dual Channel Kit.

B)any idea on what i will get out of this chip?

the big questions is "Is that a Tbred A or B" Once we have that answer we can give you an better idea of how much more room you have.

IF its an A then i can tell you you'r epretty much at the limit of your chip.. if its a B and you switch to Water cooling then you have more headroom

wcpuid does not tell u what the chip is u need gcpuid the problem is finding it as for the 2200+ bcores are becoming more common or at least here i just bout 2-2200+'s for my dad and my sis and both were b cores the steppings were axda aiucb 02-41 kinda old but they run well both on thermaltake g-4's like the 1 in my sig at 2300 mhz (better than my 1700+ on this cooler :( o well i got everything else better than them HAHA) any ways so yea if its a b-core should work wonders these 2 are. either get gcpuid or check the chip ur choice

L337 M33P said:
You say the multipliers are locked - this is a strong indicator of Tbred A-ness.
Only Palominos are locked. All T-Breds are unlocked. You can easily use this to identify the core type of your processor.

Gautam said:

Only Palominos are locked. All T-Breds are unlocked. You can easily use this to identify the core type of your processor.

whoops my bad

If I recall aren't some multipliers reserved? That could cause non-bootage.

i can push the mulitplyers to 13.5 (default) 14 and 15 anything other that and it doens't boot.

Well if you're able to change your multi between 13.5-15, then your multi's are obviously unlocked. The reason you can't go higher is probably because your chip is maxing out, and can't handle the extra speed.

When I was playing around with my 2200+ Tbred B I could also go up to a 15 multi at 133 FSB. When I tried 16 (no 15.5 option) it wouldn't boot, even when I upped the vcore. I then lowered the FSB to 100 just to see if it would boot. It did boot at 16 X 100 FSB, but obviously I wouldn't run my computer at those speeds. It just showed me that the 16 multi was available, but my chip couldn't handle the extra speed.

Back