• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i875 Northbridge Heatsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tok3n

Registered
My Asus P4C800 mobo uses a large passive northbridge heatsink. Is that enough in terms of cooling? I will be water cooling the cpu and gpu very soon so also watercooling the northbridge is a possibility although I only know one block that uses the new northbridge mouting mechanism (I think danger den makes the zchip block for that now).

I could also replace the passive heatsink with an active one like the fan on abit's board but I have not found any replacement heatsinks that work with the mounting mechanism.

Any thoughts?

.Well since you can never have you computer too cool, if you can afford it. I say go for it.

I'm about to use my old athlon 950 hsf on my nb passive heatsink, it's probley the same sink as yours. With that I can hopefully get my fbs up to 220 at stock vcore :cool:

True. Not sure if I want to water cool it thought because it would end up adding more heat to the loop and also restrict flow further.

Anyone with a i875 board have any thoughts?

Back