• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new CPU.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zazuk

I have hurt my 2100+ with to much voltage, I want to spend $100 or less and looking for the hightest MHZ overclock, which CPU should I get and where to get it form? I have been looking through the forums and it looks like I want a DL3TC code...

:bang head

if u want the best overclocker than go with either the 2100 or 1700 xp AMD you might spend 60$ or so but make sure it's a DLT3C JUIHB on the stepping i think you can get them garunteed from excaliburpc?? anyone correct me on this if i'm wrong..

I'd consider the 2500+. The current choice is between the 1700+ and the 2500+. It is up to you to choose between price and maximum OC. A quick search on this forum will reveal a lot of people who chose either.

Good luck!

PS If you go for a 2500+ at newegg, I'd go for the OEM and not the retail. I find that the retail CPUs are a little behind on the steppings. I got an AQXCA retail when others were getting OEM DAs and EAs. And i would up not using the stock HSF anyway. But at the time, it was a good $5-8 cheaper.

HTH

i dont know about that.. i think alot momre ppl buy retail at newegg considering the retail price is either the same or lower than the oem... plus you get that nifty paperweight with it and a 3 year warrenty =d

i've gotten a DA in an oem box quite a while ago =d

Back