• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not up to date...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngbuck

I haven't been up to date much in the CPU arena. So here are a few questions. Does a T-bred B cpu (i.e. 1600+ - 2200+) need to be unlocked to change the multipliers? Or can you change the multis right off the bat?

Also, what needs to be done to change the multipliers of the new Bartons? Thanx in advance...

-YB

Factory unlocked, all of them. Full range of multipliers on nForce2 mobos.
You're looking for 1700+ T-Bred B, 2100 T-Bred B or 2500+ Barton.
$49, $6x, $8x-$9x respectively.

all the multipliers are unlocked but for most motherboards with only 4 bit multipliers you only get access to half of them either the lower half up to 12.5 or the upper half 13+

OK, what about with my Motherboard (in my sig). I know the BIOS has the option to change multis, so what would that amount to with a 2100+? Only being able to change half of the multis?

Also, when I bought my motherboard, it only supported up to 2200+. This may sound like a stupid question, but my motherboard must specifically support the Barton's to use one, correct?

Oh yeah you best look for compatibility list on your mobo's official web site.

Ok, I just checked out the Recommended Processors List for my motherboard. It lists the 2100+ Palomino, 2600+ T-Bred 266 MHz, and the 2600+ T-Bred 333MHz.

Now since I am currently using a 2000+ Palomino, (which isn't specifically mentioned on the recommended list), I assume I could also use any of the other T-Breds that aren't specifically recommended on the list (i.e. 2400+ or 2700+ T-Bred). Think I'm right?

And since the 2600+ w/ the 333MHz FSB is on the recommended list, will my motherboard fully support that 333MHz feature, or will it just hold it back at 266MHz. Thanx.

Hm 2600+ 333 version and no Bartons? Maybe email Tech support... the two CPUs you want other than Bartons are $49 1700+ T-Bred B or $6x 2100+ T-Bred B.

Last edited:
Well, it's just that no Bartons are listed on the Recommended Processor List for my motherboard. If my motherboard supports a 2600+ 333, should it also support a Barton? Is that what you are saying to email tech support about?

Thanx,
-YB

Yes, they should add Bartons or specifically say they are not compatible.

Example: Only Palominos are compatible on some boards and those mobo web sites specifically say T-Breds or Bartons are not compatible with such boards, only Palominos.

I think that if it can take 333 T-Bred, it should take Barton...

Back