• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this temp too high

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

abyss03

i have an asus a7v8x and xp2600.
in the asus probe it says the cpu temp is 42 C.
is that too high or ok?
also what temps are considered too high?
thanks

that temp is fine.. where do you live? my temps are really high right now because san diego is burning up.

My athlon 1300 thunderbird would be stable at 58C running on an ECS k7s5a.....

It was a very stable system.......

Holy crap I just noticed mine is running in the low/mid 50's. (I just now started using MBM5 instead of Asus Probe after I found out it was inaccurate)

oh shiet, asus probe is not correct?
i thought there was a problem because sandra sed it was actually 60+ C.... crap.

Asus probe reads socket temp,not diode.Use mbm5.Probe sucks.;)Probe shows my temp at 33c,when the diode temp is actually 44c.:)

if that is the real temp. You R fine. Spend a couple of dollars and get a therm. read out and put the probe on the back of the mobo behind the chip. That is a decent place and seems to only be a few degrees off..

yeah I have A7N8X and 2600+ and its giving me 49C. I only have 2 fans up as of now though but it seems rather high?

Back