• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need experienced advice please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XquisiT

Ok a little background- First off I'm new here- New to OC and wanting to learn. I have just purchased a new computer after doing research on Mobos,pcu's and such...unfortunately not memory. I screwed up!!! I bought memory-up memory from their site(found them through pricewatch)

ANYWAY...I am returning this junk and I need help buying memory...

This is what i have got

2.8P4 875 chipset
ASUS P4C800 Deluxe Mobo
480w TrueBlue PS

I run a 9700 Pro vid card

I want a gig of memory. I dont overclock because I dont know how- I've bought products(or so i think) to attempt to start overclocking...in baby steps.

Right now I just need help with memory. I paid (too much probably) 180 for a gig of this memory-up com stuff...I am willing to pay 175-250 for memory IF ITS WORTH IT. Because I'm not a HEAVY overclocker...Is there a good value memory that wouldnt run as much that would give me same results

I dont mind spending the money but because I'm not an experienced OCer I dont want to buy something I wont utilize to its full potential either. What would give me the best results while not Overclocking...I am running air cool- so I assume(new so dont know) that OCing is risky without watercooled system or something comparible.

Sorry so long- Thanks

Please help

The New Guy

Last edited:
In the future try to remember that giving people your specs make answering your question much easier and more bentificial to you.

I will asume you are running the 533bus version of 2.8P4. In which case you need pc2100 ram to run stock. I personally would buy (2) 512meg sticks of pc3200 buffalotech @90$ a stick.

yes, i realize pc3200 sounds crazy. but look at the prices. 1gig of pc2100 crucial cost 176$, 1gig of pc3200 buffalotech cost 180$. i think its well worth 4$.
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=N82E16820150544

-my 0.02

Ummm am i missing something hah. I did put my specs on the post dude.

Its a 2,8 p4 875 chipset...aka 800fsb

I've heard good and bad about buffalo- anyone else have input on them

Thank you

in that case. 180$ is cheap for 1gig of pc3200 ram.

buffalotech pc3200 uses winbond chips. the same found in corsair. I got a 512 pc3200 stick that does 235 on 2.8V. CAS2.5

Back