• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ 0310 vs 0311

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xboy

I'll trade my 1800+ for 1700+ but i'm not sure which week to pick.
Some are saying 0310 is the best. But when i checked at cpu database the 0311 seem to achieve more Mhz Which one to get ?

That's a DLT3C T-Bred B 1800+, so why bother?
(Holy Molly 220 FSB and yer complaining?)
You can probably get more out of it by upping Vcore if you think you'll notice the difference.

Enjoy what you have, it's a dream for most...

it seems 1800 don't like much vcore. After 1.85 it's restarting randomly. 220 is not bad, im getting errors from the ram after 230. I know a guy which is running his 1800+ on 2700 with 1.8 with 222 FSB

I would stay with what you got, I dont think you will do a whole lot better with the 1700+. Maybe buy better ram, and up the fsb to get the higher cpu speed ;) 220fsb is awesome.

2300 is the limit, no matter what FSB or multi I use this is the limit.

I don't know if more than 1.9v 'll help but i'll stay on 1.7 'till i make my waterblock. I've tried with 1.8 and 1.85 but the CPU seems don't like so much vcore, also my temps are about 45C when I give so much voltage.

I also get very bad scores on 3d mark 2001, about 6000-6800 with my 9200 :(

Something is wrong with your 3DMark scores. I'd agree that there's no reason to trade in an already nice processor. Mine couldn't do any higher than 2.27 on air, either. What cooling do you have? Perhaps an upgrade of it would be more beneficial than a new processor.

I have CoolerMaster XDream. Waiting for my custom water block.

Also i can't run 3DMark 2003 and Colin McRae Rally 3. They say the card is incompatibe. I'm using the latest drivers. Pretty strange :( Some guys with MX440 and lower CPU speeds are getting about 10000! I didn't have any problems with 3dmark 2003 with radeon 7000.

When I went from air to water, i got nearly a 300mhz gain in my overclock. You should expect to see similar results. As for your 3DMark score, make sure that you've got the latest nForce2 drivers, and all of the settings turned down in the display properties. You should get in the mid to high 8000 range where you're at. Your video card is the main bottleneck, though, so even higher processor overclocking won't do much.

Back