• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memorey OCing and the meanins and settings???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The VTech

Captain Bawls
QUOTED -
Generally 2-3-3-6 timings will outperform 3-2-2-5 timings, so if you need to raise lesser latencies to improve more important latencies' settings, do so.

In my experience, the performance impact of changing various memory settings in order from biggest boost to smallest boost for SDR is as follows:

Interleave off -> Interleave 4-way
CAS3 -> CAS2
Trp3 -> Trp2 / CMD3 -> CMD2
Interleave off -> Interleave 2-way / Interleave 2-way -> Interleave 4-way
Command Rate3 -> Command Rate2
RAS6 -> RAS5

In my experience, the performance impact of changing various memory settings in order from biggest boost to smallest boost for DDR is as follows:

Interleave off -> Interleave 4-way
Trp3 -> Trp2 / CMD3 -> CMD2
CAS2.5 -> CAS2
Interleave off -> Interleave 2-way / Interleave 2-way -> Interleave 4-way
Command Rate3 -> Command Rate2
RAS6 -> RAS5

The RAS delay is an interesting one. In some cases you may actually gain nothing when lowering this timing, and it does seem to significantly affect stability. So if it isn't working, don't sweat - and just leave it at 6!
End of QUOTE

OK this is good info erc, but hwat the hell does it all mean??
BIOS - Soyo 42aa6
Great BIOS with tons of settings but it's all greek to me at this point.

CAS - 2-2-2-4 bla bla bla what is this? I have looked all over the net but can not find a page that says this number is this in the BIOS and this one is this etc so that I can change the correct areas.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

THANKS!!!:eh?: :eh?: :eh?: :eh?:

Back