• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmmmm I was thinking about heatpipes and...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jawsome

Heatpipes and using them inside the mini barebones systems. I was wondering (for extra cooling purposes) why dont they have a small array of fins coming out of the plate on top of the cpu, with a fan on it just for extra cooling? I mean, there are plenty of low profile heatsinks out there that would fit nicely in that space and cool it off even more. Nothing big, maybe something along the lines of a stock AMD heatsink to sit on top of that bad brother, it makes practically no noise, and it is pretty small. I was just thinking because after checkin out Bigreds article on his XPC i've wanted to get one of these, but I wanted it to not be as blazing hot while I was playin games and such. Anybody know of any such thing? Maybe a mod to flatten the plate down and weld a heatsink on hahaa j/k.

Back