• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7-333 which memory slots are best

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RafaDel

Hello

I've used my Abit KX7 for while with an OCZ PC3200 256MB on DIMM #4. Recently I bought another PC3200 256MB from Crucial and installed it first alone replacind OCZ. It was not a big deal. So I thought would be better to use both memories expanding my system memory to 512MB.

My question is in which memory slots should I install these memories (I know there are some tricks about this).

From now installing OCZ in DIMM #1 and Crucial in #2 system is not stable at 3DMark2001 demo (after 2-3 min) Vdim is 1.75V and FSB is 192.

Any ideas

:(

I found a thread over at the Abit Forums that says you should put 1 stick in DIMM 1 or 2 and the other stick in DIMM 3 or 4. The reason is that DIMM 1&2 are on the same power feed, and DIMM 3&4 are on a different power feed. This way you spread the load between the power feeds.

Also, are both sticks identical? Single-sided or double-side, buffered or unbuffered, etc? They recommended that you do not mix different types of RAM. You can have different manufacturer's RAM, it just needs to be identical with regards to functionality.

Hello Edward

Both sticks are single-sided unbuffered and should work together

I will test your suggestion.

Thanks

:)

Last edited:
Back