• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton Vcore/Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Particle

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (doesn't everybody these days) that I know can do 2.4GHz with air cooling using the 1.8v Vcore setting on my A7N8X. I've been overclocking for a long time and I have always been weary of over-volting a CPU much more than about .075v.

What it is basically coming down to is that I've heard some people on this forum talk about how yes, Vcore can be dangerous but most of the danger is removed with good cooling. I've got an SLK-800A with an 80mm Sunon 50cfm fan attached to it (I am using AS3 as well). My full-load temp is about 95F at 2.4GHz (1.8v Vcore). What are the chances that a CPU using these settings would last for one to one and a half years without burning out? I had a bad experience with a coppermine Celeron a few years back.

Also, when set to 1.8v, PC Probe shows a Vcore of 1.84v. I was wondering how accurate the built-in voltage monitors actually are--if it is in error or should I actually be concerned.

Thanks for the help,
Geoff

your temps are fine for you OC.. mine is at 2.3 and im idling around 36-40 C no problems.. here
as for teh voltage anything under 1.85 wiht good cooling is fine..

and as for the voltage read the a7n8x always overvolts by about .4-.5 i've had 5 of these booards and they've all done the same so its expected

Back