• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7sem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corncob

Anybody familiar with this mobo? I guess it's a lesser featured mobo compared to ones usually discussed here. It's what's in my computer. I've never tried to OC a computer. I've been reading some forum threads about OC'ing and have been wondering whether this mobo will allow it. The only thing I see in the CMOS setup is a place where I can apparently specify bus speed settings (as I recall, three specific elements are covered there; I believe they are FSB, memory (100 vs. 133), and something else).

Have been thinking about replacing the Duron processor with an Athlon and, again, wondering whether any OC'ing can be done with this board.

Welcome to the Forums!

You can do it by modding the chip, blowing(cutting) the bridges......or.......using the wire mod to up the multipliers. You could also up the bus speed.

It can be done but it is a little more trouble than with an overclocking board.

"... modding the chip, blowing(cutting) the bridges......or.......using the wire mod to up the multipliers."

I have no clue what you're talking about but it sound like you're saying get out the hack saw, pliers, soldering iron, and whatever else I dig out of the toolbox and just really tear into it. I'll pass on your suggestion.

Sorry about that!

If the motherboard does not have multiplier adjustments you can mod the chip its self. I have a K7S5A so I have had to mod my 1700+ to get higher multipliers. Lots of people are doing it and its not really that hard.

You can find out more about that at this site.
http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

((((get out the hack saw, pliers, soldering iron, and whatever else I dig out of the toolbox and just really tear into it.)))))

Something like that!:D Did I forget to mention???? You'll also need to zap your CPU with massive amounts of electricity :eek: , you’ll love it!

Seriously! If you need help with anything people here are glad to help.

Last edited:
Thanks for citing that link. I took a look, and I now have a better idea what you're talking about. I'll keep this in mind in case I do upgrade from my Duron processor to an Athlon.

Back