• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ 2.0 vs nf7-s 2.0 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seer33

Which board is better, better overclockability, layout, stability, and overal options. I'm hoping the onboard sound is better then my SB live! 5.1 and the onbaord lan would be really nice incase my lan card ever got fried or soemthing. My brothers digital camcorder could be fun to toy with the firewire too. Can someone help me out?

I don't think you will get an 8rda+ 2.0 in USA but i still think 8rda 1.1 are superior overall.. I have had 2 8rda and 2 nf7 and i liked both 8rda better.. But if you are not one for modding than nf7 ussually gets higher FSB with no mods.

i already have an 8rda, xp2100, 9700 pro im selling this stuff to a guy for a niiice price, and after it ill be able to buy nf7-s 2.0, xp2500, and a 9800 np, so im psyched. With the extra moeny i got im gonna get a sk-900 w/ 92mm tornado for some coolage to the maxage :)

I like my nf7-S, I really wanted to get the epox since they've been excellent for me (8k7a and 8k3a were the bomb!!!). But the lack of Soundstorm swung me away. The NF7-S had everything i wanted except vdd adjustment, but a simple mod can change that. Overall I'm happy with it, I achieved 230 DC stable and I'm pushing for more.

nf7-s is a whole lot better but 8rda is a whole lot cheaper like about 40 dollars cheaper...

newegg sells 8rda+ rev2.0

i have an 8rda, 1.1 no + i love it, but i need a change :) plus i think the soundstorm will be a nice upgrade from my sb live card not to mention OC ability

my votes goes to the 8rda+ 2.0.
I currently own a 8rda+ 1.1, the sec some1 can ensure me that I can buy the 8rda+ 2.0 I'll jump on it.

my 8rda+ have Sound Storm. so I figures that the 2.0 has the same sound card.

q149, the 8rda+ 2.0 has vdd adj. up to 2.0v, so I think that w/out mods the 8rda+ 2.0 is superior on the nf7-s.

btw, a little about ABiT's quality, abit has the worst qt tests I've ever seen. I worked this summer at a little computer shop, we got like 15 nf7s and 6 nf7-s, 6 nf7s had to be replaced, and 1 nf7-s.

I love EPoX, from the 8k5a3+, loved that board.
EPoX really rox.

Back