• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wcpuid, bios, what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

This was brought to my attention because I couldn't publish a 3dmark2k1 project, due to "This project can not be published
due to detected CPU speed variation.". ?? wcpuid shows 2420mhz, which is exactly what it supposed to be. It reports 210.45x11.5. But 3dmark reads 2.35ghz in the system info, and post says 418mhz memory speed. wtf. The bios has the correct settings in it. Sandra also reads 2420.. Spread spectrum and all that crap is off too.

Your overclock is probably a little unstable, and your processor's speed fluctuates too much. Check the real-time clock monitor in wcpuid. Unfortunately, none may indicate anything, as it may only fluctuate within 3DMark.

According to the realtime clock counter and mbm, it only fluctuates +-.03mhz under prime. It may just be a 3d mark 2k1 thing. I used to have a k62 500 that was shown as 88mhz in 3d mark.

I remember having this happen to me a while ago... it wasn't on a very high overclock, either. The only way that I remember getting past it was to change my clock speed in one way or another. 3DMark does read very odd speeds indeed.

Back