• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S and Memory Brand....Need Some Suggestions!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lvcoyote

Overclocked Moderator, Overclockers.com Lead Edito
With all the hoopla over this NF7-S I have decided to get one. I'm getting a SATA HDD (maxtor) and a Barton 2800+ CPU as well. The only thing keeping me from hitting the "BUY NOW" button is my memory selection. I'm really struggling to make the right choice here. Right now I'm leaning toward this stuff,
OCZ MEMORY

Should I be considering something else??

Any help would be appreciated!!

Lvcoyote

Seems quite expensive to me... perhaps needlessly so. This is what can get past 230mhz DC CL2 most consistently on your future board.

The memory isn't designated dual channel. The pairs you see are just a sort of gimmick. I run pc3200 corsair and pc3500 kingston in dual channel fine.

damn that price is sooo nice, does anyone reccomend putting heatspreaders on the stuff

james.miller said:
currently stock timings - 5,3,3,2.5

My PC3200 Twinmos/Winbond is rated @ 2.5 -->200 MHz Clock, 400 MHz data rate<-- But will run fine @ this timing as well--> 11, 2, 2, 2.0 1.7v if you like, :D

And no, I do not use heat spreaders on mine, dunno if it matters or not ;)

Good stuff it is @ $58.98 for a 256MB stick!

Best of Luck!

DpGravy

i would deffinently get dual channel, and get something like kingston or crucial, crucial is a really good brad of memory, but at a reasonable price. also get PC3200 you don't wanna overclock memory, or at least i wont

i like mushkin personally. their tech support is superior... not that it's needed much. only problem i've ever had turned out to be my mobo.

see sig for mine. when i bought, the price was almost 60 dollars cheaper than it is now. ram is super expensive right now.

mine is super stable at [email protected]. it should be though cause that's stock settings.

How many people have I seen crying cause they tried to pennypinch on their memory......More than I can keep track of... If you get a brand other than OCZ or Corsair your just taking your chances IMHO.

seer33 said:
does anyone reccomend putting heatspreaders on the stuff

not sure about twinmos and a few other companies, but most times it will void the warranty.

Back