• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lan Party NFII Ultra, PCI LOCK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dtx01

Registered
i have read in many places that many new nforce2 boards come with a pci lock so we dont have to worry about the dividers when we are overclocking.

this is a very usefull feature but i could not find anywhere if the DFI Lan Party NFII Ultra had this feature along with the many other nForce2 boards. could anyone clarify for me on this asap, thanx =)

dtx01 said:
i have read in many places that many new nforce2 boards come with a pci lock so we dont have to worry about the dividers when we are overclocking.

this is a very usefull feature but i could not find anywhere if the DFI Lan Party NFII Ultra had this feature along with the many other nForce2 boards. could anyone clarify for me on this asap, thanx =)

I can pretty much say it is on all nforce2 boards. PM Angry_Games he has one, 100% sure it does, I am looking to get one in next 4-6 weeks also wondering how soon revision 2 will come out

cisco kid

this board does have the lock.

NOTE: it is essential to lock the PCI/AGP/SATA bus if you are using a SATA drive and are planning to overclock.

If the SATA bus is over 100Mhz (no lock), then the BIOS will fail to detect the drive more often than not.

besides...you want the bus locked when you are a good 40Mhz or better over =)

cool, hopefully soon ill be able to get myself a DFI board, and new ram etc, currently ive got a 2400+ (defaults to 2ghz) running at 2.35 but its cool so i think i can push it way beyond that with the better multiplier options of the dfi board and a pci lock should help :D

pci lock with some good 'made for overclocking' RAM will run that cpu as high as you can get it =)

is the 2400 one of those really good T-bred "B" cores? Guys are getting really good clocks out of them. I just nabbed a T-Bred B 2100 for $50 off a trade forum. Now I can finally start getting rid of these Palomino furnaces and have all bartons or tb's.

Back