• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Read the forums, as you should figure it out for yourself. You can go watercooling or you can go prometiea, which is more expensive but a whole heap cooler.

Yeah you could get a prometia mach I without the case for about that price. You can definatly build a pretty nice watter cooling system under that price range as well. Really you got most every option open to you for that much cash ;)

Yes, a chilled water setup with a couple of peltiers to cool several components of your system, including GPU and northbridge may also be possible, and come very close in performance to a Prometeia.

I'm worried about case temps also. Does the prometeia cool's the case? Or just the cpu?

What reason is there to worry about case temps, when you know that your processor will almost never go above 10°C???? Yes, though, the Prometeia cools only the CPU, and it cools it very very well. $450 for no-fuss, no-hassle, nearly unsurpassable cooling looks well worth it to me.

prometia only cools the cpu. You can mount it to whatever case you would like with whatever fan configuration you want. Probably more important than case temps though the prometia does not cool the northbridge or your video card.

What reason is there to worry about case temps, when you know that your processor will almost never go above 10°C???? Yes, though, the Prometeia cools only the CPU, and it cools it very very well. $450 for no-fuss, no-hassle, nearly unsurpassable cooling looks well worth it to me. Hey, that rhymes ;).

Back