• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton gaining time?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Posidon42

I have a 2500+ barton and I have noticed over the last couple days or so that my system time in Windows keeps advancing. My wife reset it about a day or so ago and I just noticed that it was off by almost 25 minutes. Is this a bad omen or something?

In all my days overclocking, I have never seen this before.

when i had my ECS K7S5a and a 1600+ i had a similar problem. The time would randomly just flip out and then windows would flip at the strange time. Some programs would even refuse to run because they weren't designed to be used past a certain year. (Nero 5.5 refused to run in the year 2654 A.D. ) The problem never really went away the time and date always got reset. (about once a week)

the time is controlled by your mobo has nothing to do wiht your cpu.. it is based on the bios clock =d you might just have a screwy a7n8x

My 8rda flots off time up to 25 seconds a day. If I reboot or power off the clock is crazy when I reboot. I have a Epox 8RDA barton 2500 oclk'ed to ~2130, thermaltake purepower 480w. It also might be bad standby voltage or system clock is timed to the system bus or something.

my a7n8x is about 3 months old. I thought it might be something in the mobo but I wanted confirmation. where can I get a replacement battery for this?

Huh? It says "Our freeware Atomic Clock Sync utility can help you keep your local computer up-to-date with the exact current time."

c627627 said:
Huh? It says "Our freeware Atomic Clock Sync utility can help you keep your local computer up-to-date with the exact current time."

Exactly!
The link you provided is way better then the one I had used before...

I was saying that the link I gave was shareware and the link you gave is freeware...

Thank you for the link!

watch out, those atomic clock things contain spyware

also, if the motherboard battery was bad wouldnt the clock be going slow rather than fast?

that was pretty much what I thought. It might have just been something wrong as my key strokes were taking a REALLY long time to delete. it seems to be keeping time ok now. wonder if it just got too hot in my room for the o/c processor or something

Back