• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case cooling question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

axegrinderbill

i have an enermax case with support of up to 5 case fans (one 120mm intake, one on the side of the case, two ehausts on back, and a blowhole). It came with the side fan. Should i use this as an exhaust or an intake? Should i just go ahead and see what bests suits for me? I have the zalman cnps3100+ cpu hsk and fan (give you an idea of what im sorta dealing with) and this is the case.

I would agree with it blowing in, but you can always experiment. Certain odd configurations sometimes end up being better than normal setups - fully depends on the case, and placement of parts inside.

with that many fans, don't forget to use some sort of filter to keep the dust out of your rig...

Hello,
I can't get a great view of where the fan would be in relationship to the video card or the CPU but I would recomend blowing in. This would hopefully get some air onto the video card and the the CPU.

Thank You,
Daniel

The fan is right in the middle of the window. Make sure it blows in.

If you're going to use the rear fans, cut out the highly restrictive stamped grills first. Don't even bother using the front 120 - even a 120 can't suck through solid plastic.

sorry, i must've mis-typed that... i mean that it CAN hold up to 5 fans, but only has ONE which is the side fan that came included. I'm having it blow air OUT right now

Back