• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so I got me an awsome deal on an 1800+ dLt3c!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I went to frys today and saw they had a cpu mobo combo for $60 it was an ecs mobo and 1800+....after I had it purchased I looked at the stepping and it was a DLT3C JIUHB!! if I am not mistaken thats a tbred B with a default vcore of 1.5 and that with a mobo for $60 is AWSOME!....FYI this was at my local FRYS! :D.......

It is a tbred B with a 1.5vcore. And that is a freaking great deal. Let us know how it clocks.

yea, deals posted for the last two weeks at fatwallet.com hotdeals and anandtech forums hotdeals. everyone seems to get the nice overclocker:) i did the wire mod and it went to 2.35ghz today:) i'm not going any higher right now cuz my cooler is a pos, and playing with tiny wires is .. a pain. :)

59 dollars.. can't be beat.

now looking for a cooler now that cost is justified:)

That 1800 DLT3C jiuhb is hard to find and often is as good as it's 1700 brother...you'd pay the $60 just for the CPU...VERY NICE!!!

yup, and its retail cpu too:)

Audioaficionado said:
SK7 at SVC with an 80mm Y-S Tech varible speed fan.

my conundrum right now is that i like quiet pcs. and i'm having trouble figuring out if i could use a 92 or 120mm fan on an sk7

and how does an sk7 fare against an aero 7+?

The SK7 will be quite a bit better than an Aero 7+. Fitting a 92mm fan onto it should be possible, as long as you bend the clips far enough.

I just got that Y-S Tech fan because it has a speed control on it. It will do 10 to 50 CFM at a decent air pressure so you get some airflow through tight fins. I'm going to try it out on my Vantek Aireoflow in place of the stock 70mm 30 CFM TMD fan. Then I might get the SK7 if I'm still not getting low enough temps.

Audioaficionado
is the y-s Tech fan quiter then the smart fan 2?...at the same cfm?

Smartfan2 is quieter at a given CFM.

I wouldn't put a 92mm on a sk-7... the deadspot would probably be about half of the sk-7's surface area. Maybe if you used a funnel and some creative mounting process...

Lithan said:

Got some data or comparitive expirence between that Y-S and SMII to back that up?

I've read posts that SMII is quieter compared to a Tornado on a rheobus but they're not really very quiet.

The SFII is defintaly not the most efficiant fan. It is louder than most fans it any given cfm. The reason why its so popular, is becuase it is cheap and adjustable.

and don't forget it can push ALOT of cfm's at max!:D.....75cfm adjustable and cheap....thats preaty attractive:D

Lithan said:

I wouldn't put a 92mm on a sk-7... the deadspot would probably be about half of the sk-7's surface area. Maybe if you used a funnel and some creative mounting process...

maybe your thinking of 120mm which have large hubs. the 92mm i've seen have the same hub size as 80mm, i'd guess they have the exact same parts inside to boot for most.

i got a zalman 92 fan. comes with a resistor if you want to slow it. i'll just hook it to my fan speed controller. max isn't as high as the smart fan, but what matters is the low speed noise.

Back