• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who's considered as good AMD MB manufacturers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnnyTheRed

I'm used to Intel, and their side of the spectrum.

I'm lookinf for an older type AMD motherboard, for a nice cheap cost rig. I assume Abit and Asus make great AMD boards, just as they do on the Intel side. But who else is good? I've got a list of about 20 mobos to sort through. Other manufacturers on it are: Chaintech, Shuttle, ECS, Biostar, Epox, and Gigabyte. Can I go wrong with any of the boards these guys make? Or are there any manufacturers I should be wary of, or stay away from altogether?

- Thanks

Gigabyte is the most reliable mobo out of the box (RMA what RMA ;)) has a good selection of boards and many features the others are just starting to get but ya not the best O/C'ing boards out there

As the others mentioned, Asus, Abit Epox and Gigabyte are all the best options in terms of reliability and performance. However, ECS and Biostar are decent options if you want a very cheap motherboard in terms of cost.

Personally I have had bad past experiences with both Gigabyte and Asus.

Epox and Abit however, have never failed me. :)

I give Epox the edge due to value- best performance for the buck.

Back