• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCX4000 vs SLK900u.. which is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N.E.R.D_BOI

Anyways i have been looking at both Heatsinks and i just want to know which is the better HS?? They both look very promising... i've always thought the SLK to be the best of the best but this MCX4000 looks very good also!

So does anyone know which is the better one or know of any sites that do a direct comparison between the two?

Thanks for any help guys ;)

The SLK will take a 92mm & I think the MCX is limited to 80mm, but you could probably find an adapter or find someway to rig it up yourself to take a 92mm.

The MCX4000 Accepts 92mm fans (Accepts 70mm TMD, 80mm, 92mm Fans)

Personally, I would go with the Swiftech because it looks real nice... hah! I also believe it performs better with slower and quieter fans than the SLK does (but don't quote me.. I haven't seen hard evidence yet!)

Last edited:
Hmm anyone else got opinions on which is better?

Its a real toss up between these 2. I i gotta love swiftech's glass like surface finish.. And yeah i was thinkin of using a 80mm to 92 mm adapter on the swiftech... also i bought an air duct to rid of that dead spot.. maybe that will increase the cooling efficiency further!

Hmmm that swiftech looks real tempting right now maybe thats cos i already have an slk800(with p4 adapter) and know what it can do..

hmm decisions, decisions....

I have both the mcx and the slk. I think the mcx is a little better for a couple of reasons. It will take the abundance of fans, cools on the same line as the slk(slk might give you 1-2c better), Ease of mounting. The last is the most important to me, I had so much trouble figureing out the slk mounting whereas the mcx is sooo much easier and gives close enough results to the slk that it becomes the favorite. Oh and one more for the mcx, the fan mounting is 100% more secure, I like my fans to be hard mounted with screws not wires that could fall off with a good bump of the tower. Hope this helps in your quest for a HS.

Tread

This is a coin toss...1 to 2 degree F between the two using the same fan,in my experience anyway...Both will accept 92m/m fans and both are about as good as it gets for air cooling...I prefer the MCX4000 for Intel Pentium 4's and really like the finish on the bottom that makes lapping not necessary...The Swifties are also easier to clean...The Thermaltake is a good choice for AMD because the Swiftech will not work with quiet a few AMD motherboards...Either way you will have no doubt about it the best air cooling solution available...:)

Go with the MCX.....it is an AWSOME heatsink. It has blown away every other heatsink I have ever had...even though I haven't had an SLK-900. Plus it looks so peeerty!!! :)

Back