• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Speed??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

C-fut

Registered
i have a 256 stick of ddr2100 and was wondering how i can find out what my memory speed is? my fsb is at 166 and i set the memory speed at auto in the bios. is it going to be 166 or just stock at 133?

If you have memory set to "Auto" your mobo is choosing your memory devider for you and your memory could be running at any speed, really... even lower than 266, (although it will pick the devider that has it running closest to 266). Try playing around with that setting a bit yourself, although I doubt you'll be able to run a 1:1 ratio at 166 FSB with PC2100 without giving it a *lot* of voltage and relaxing your timings.

heh, sorry constance :p but ddr 266 doesnt have anything to do with actual memory speed.. id guess theres no way in hell your pc2100 is running @ 226 mhz, ddr 266 is Double Data Rate,
i.e. ddr 266 = 133mhz.
However, me and a few others have gotten our old pc2100's up to or above 200mhz, so its possible, but at that speed it would be showing up as ddr 333 or 400..
and it would require some serious volts and very relaxed timings too. :)

remember: DDR 266 = 133 actual, DDR 333 = 166 actual, DDR 400 = 200 actual , etc on up.
i myself now want DDR 600. but as broke as i am lately it aint in this lifetime.

HAPPY overclocking :)

thx for the info guys...so how can i overclock my memory? i want my pc2100 to match the speed of my fsb which is 333. right now the memory is set at auto but still shows 133 at start up. any ideas would be appreciated.

Back