• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X - Overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pulco

Hey,
im a newb when it comes to over clockin and i bought all this new gear and the cpu on registers @ 1250, the cpu is a 2600+xp

can someone with a similar board and cpu tell me how to set it up so it runs at 2400 at least...i have sufficient cooling to make it run at that speed

thanx

The Front side Bus speed is probably set to 100MHz, a default of the motherboard. I think the default for the CPU is 166, so try setting that in the BIOS. Make sure you have PC2700 ram for guaranteed workingness at that speed though.

yes what m33p said..
a 2600+ is 12.5 * 166

your computer is runnign at 12.5 *100

just change the fsb to 166 and you'll be at your rated speed

If you mean you want to run it at 2400MHz then you're gonna need to set the front side bus higher than 166. Make sure you have something better than a stock heatsink.

There is a Jumper on the MB that is default from factory set to 100 FSB. At least on mine it was... Check that

Back