• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

argh cant get fsb over 145!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

siavash_s_s

hey im running xp 2200 and msi kt4 ultra.
i want to know how do i get this mobo to let me raise vcore above 1.7, also when i raise my fsb to 146 + then i raise my voltage so thats fine, but then i cant get into windows becuase of a "corrupt file" then i lower it to 145 and i get into windows, but it sometimes hangs for no reason
im a green at overclocking so a little help would be appreciated
thnx

uhh ram is ddr 333 and its got a sticker with "albal" on it
cpu is a thoroughbred "b" (gcpuic = good). also i tried with 14 and 15 multipliers, though i dont think i raised the vcore or changed fsb from 133 , but it wouldnt post, my indicators told me i had a damaged or incorrectly installed processor.

also someone said to me someting about not having a "lock on my mobo" and pushing high fsb would "instantly corrupt" my hdd

This is KT400, and after 166Mhz the 1/5 divider is beeing activated! So just try it

is the ram multiplier thing set to 1/1 so that the ram is running at the same speed as the fsb?

im not familar with MSI bords but there should be some way to change this you may have to tell the bios that you have 266mhz ram as if it is set at defult 333mhz your ram will be overclocked and thats most likely whats holding you back

slater3333uk: lol the bios is strange, get this in frequency&voltage menu it has fsb, multiplier, vcore, ram voltage, and 2 other voltage things.
so far i have seen nothing about ram frequency
xboy: i shall try now

i found the ram thing and set it to 266, with 150 fsb and 1.7 vcore, and it loads into windows, but hangs just after the login bit (win2k) tried it a few times...
xboy:also it dont post at all at 167 fsb

Can you select a lower multi? im not sure if you can without modding the cpu but try just incase

if you are sucessful in lowering the multi and it still dosent boot at 150 then its most likely your motherbord holding you back due to high pci/agp clock speed

edit : also raid is more sensitive to the high pci clock so it may be why you cant get very high before something goes wrong

uhh tried to take the multi to 12, and the fsb to 166
no show...
also i get really unstable pc that fails after 5 -10 mins of quake 3 (all max settings) with fsb of 145
i put the ram to 333 mhz manually
could voltage be a problem?

How many times i have to tell you! With FSB 145 you are putting the PCI bus to extreme (36Mhz)! Just put it to 170 and use low multi

i put 167 and it wont come up at all
i tried lowering the mutli to slaters suggestion, but it wont come up
this thing is a b***** and i cant even raise vcore above 1.7 (mod perhaps?)
i will try 170 in a sec

ok i have worked it out

as the defult multi for that cpu is over 12.5 you cant select a low multi with out bridge mods to the cpu the lowest you can select is 13 but i also think thats the defult for a 2200+

so you have a choice stay at 145 fsb or do bridge mods i cant see any other way around it for now but il keep looking

ps. il pm you some more info soon

ok so far
fsb:170
vcore: 1.7
hangs during memory detection test - testing onboard memory size according to my leds (dbrackets usefull!)
edit: the ram is at 333mhz

Last edited:
Back