• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micro ATX with TV-out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Veland

So, I'm working on my home network and need another HTPC. Just a simple thing for now, playing divx/mp3/dvd and stuff like that.

Based on cpu prices, AMD is the way to go, and I've found a nice case. But to keep costs down, I need an all-in-one MB! So TV, 6 channel audio and LAN is a must. But I can't seem to find any matching those needs.. TV is the big problem.

And with the case being half height, a cheap display card with TV-out won't work..

Anyone got ideas?

As for ITX mb's, I might upgrade the computer for some games, so ITX is no good..

I beleiev chaintech has a microatx MOBO with TV out abd intergrated geforce 4, I cant remeber the name, but I was looking at it a few months ago when I had a similar idea as you.

In the end I bought a shuttle xpc though

shuttle do an nforce2 m-atx board. It has the mcp-t+ the intergrated gf4 - meaing graphics, 5.1 digital and nforce2 performance all from the one board. Sounds like the perfect board to me.

Here is an Aopen Nforce2 Micro-ATX motherboard with all the features you requested. However, the TV-Out is not on the back panel, and needs a bracket, and I'm not sure that the bracket is included with the motherboard.

Another option would be this Micro-ATX Nforce2 motherboard built by Albatron. The TV-Out here is also not built into the back panel, but the bracket is included with with the motherboard package.

I have no idea where to buy either of these motherboards, but they appear to be good options.

CrazyP: Jepp, found it! On the web, that is.. Unfortunately, not many resellers have chaintech mobo's here in Norway. As for the Shuttle, I allready own one! But I need another HTPC for another TV, but something a bit cheaper this time..

James.miller: Couldn't find the shuttle one with TV out.. But they do make some pretty nice nForce mobo's..

Crash893: the ITX boards COULD work, but I might just use the HTPC for games as well, then I need a bit more power. If it was only dvd/divx/mp3, then that would be a good solution. But also, a mATX nforce2 board pluss CPU ends up at about same price as the high end ITX boards..

Aslan: I took a look at the Aopen offering, looking very nice. Then I tried to locate on any webshops in this country. Nope! There used to be a lot of Aopen board, but now there are none! As for the Albatron, I've never heard about it and neither has any shops.

So, what next? Well, I did find a possible board, the Asus A7N8X-VM. It has an onboard TV encoder, but not the port. This is supposed to be bought seprately, but no shops carry it! What to do? Well, maybe make the port DIY? There are 5 pins, but no pinout, I'm guessing it corresponds to the 4 pins (plus ground) on a standard S-video socket. Anyone got this mobo? Heard about it? Know more about the S-video port?

Back