• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Needed: PC Card Controller Drivers for a DOS Environent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orange400

Hey all, I'm in total need for PC Card drivers. Not drivers for a PC card, but for the PC card hardware that's in my laptop. It's a rather old 486SL and I just installed DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.11 with the PC card-style NIC drivers, but I needed the drivers to run the PC card system in my laptop.

I used to use Cardtalk until I realized I had a deadly virus on it since I bought it broken to repair. So I had to format it off my hard drive, losing everything. It was non-removable, and cross-linked itself. It also attached itself onto every executable file's code. Not only was it stuck like 100 layers of super glue, it had some horrible side effects. Anyways don't really want to go into it.

So yeah I used a prog called Cardtalk before. It worked great so I'm trying to get it going again. I have tried to install a version of cardtalk that was meant for another laptop, but I don't think it worked. So I need you guys' help!

The model of my laptop is: Altima Traveler 486SL 25

If you guys can help me out I would have eternal gratitude!!

Sorry all, I know I should take after myself. I won't bug ya. I'm just desperate ... lol :p Cheers

Last edited:
Back