• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp CNPS700cu+2.4c?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberMenace

Registered
On my new IS7-e I get "idle" 46-47 celcius for my cpu! And its running on default, no overclocking.

My old Asus P4B533 ran a 1.6a at around 32 celcius. Now do these 2.4c run just hotter standaard or is something wrong.

I'm thinking of switching heatsink and putting in the standaard Intel cooler and check temps?!?! :confused:

its the abit temp problem but putting the zalman should lower it a bit since it has thermal grease but it'll definitley lowe load temps

see sig
||
V

Well, not sure how Intel reports temps, but it could be that the motherboard sensor is inaccurate (it would have a small probe under the cpu in the socket...) or the airflow to your cpu is kind of bad...

What fan are you using on the cpu, the one that came with the Zalman? Is it on the little fan controller (or does one not come w/the 7000cu)? If it's on the fan controller is it on full blast or at the lowest setting.

The 7000's are awesome I've heard and I think we'll find the problem to this :)

Fold and Frag on
Brian

*edit* graa I type too slow :/

Last edited:
I've removed that lil fan mate that came with the cnps7000cu. Im running full blast, 2600 according to winbond.

This is even funnier, lol, I've put in my old 1.6a on this mobo plus the zalman cooler and I get 50 celcius now (no overclocking)! It really must be the abit mobo acting up I think OR the asus wasnt very accurate (pc probe). I think Im gonna put in the standard Intel cooler now and see what happens, it must hit 60 I guess.

Oke. I got the stock Intel cooler running now with articsilver 2 and winbond gives me around 53 celcius with the 1.6a.

So on the Asus P4B533 I get around 32 celcius "idle". And on the IS7-E I get 53 celcius "idle". With the same 1.6a. I must be doing something wrong or abit and asus are pulling our legs here lol

I know a lot of overclockers do not trust the motherboard temp readings and will buy a third party temp gauge. If you are concerned about the difference you could look into getting one. Some of them come with nice front pannel temp readings with just look cool...if you are into that ;)

I have a Zalman 7000, IS7, and a p4c 2.4g oc to 3.2g. My idle temps are 40c idle, 55c full load. The temperature on the Abit IS7 is off by like 10c so just take 10c off your temperature. If you system is running stable and nothing is crashing, then your system is not overheating.

Jarlax said:
I know a lot of overclockers do not trust the motherboard temp readings and will buy a third party temp gauge. If you are concerned about the difference you could look into getting one. Some of them come with nice front pannel temp readings with just look cool...if you are into that ;)

Well, I think I'll be doing just that some day soon Jarlax! ;)

I've got the 2.4c and the zalman hs+cooler on it again its around 45-46 celcius again *strange*

hhmm thanks for the info yoshi, but my temps are a bit higher then yours i must say. Im running my 2.4c at 2.4 and it gives me 47 celcius idle. So somehow I got a 5 celcius extra. Ambient is around 25-28 now I think.

Back