• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high can I go and what do I switch to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Storm-Shadow

Registered
I'm in the process of building a rig that will use an Asus P4P800 Deluxe mobo & 2.4C cpu.

How high can I clock the cpu using stock Intel fan/heatsink?

Staying with air cooled, what is the next best solution? I like the look and specs of the Vantech AreoFlow, but, I'm new to all this.

This is my first try at "The Dark Arts of OC'ing"

Feel free to ask questions or give any advice/comments. Thanks for your time!!!

The stock heat sink and fan stinks...And you would be a lot better served to pony up the duckies for a Swiftech MCX 4000 fitted with a 92m/m fan...They are my weapon of choice for P-4's...If you have any intention of overclocking the Vantec Aeroflow is certainly way down the list of heat sink, fan combinations that I would recommend...I hate clips and the stock plastic junk...Do yourself a favor and pony up the duckies for the Swifty...:)

And let me throw in my vote for the Zalman CNPS7000-Cu. Cool and quiet, and relatively cheap because it comes with a built-in fan.

I'm in the process of building a rig that will use an Asus P4P800 Deluxe mobo & 2.4C cpu.
:D GREAT

How high can I clock the cpu using stock Intel fan/heatsink?
every chip is different, thus no definite answer thus no answer at all :)

Staying with air cooled, what is the next best solution? I like the look and specs of the Vantech AreoFlow, but, I'm new to all this.
my preferred would be SLK-any and smartfanII

This is my first try at "The Dark Arts of OC'ing"
hmmm, :( i like to think of this more like pushing technology's limit...since there is no "sorcery" involved ;) :D

It is a coin toss between the MCX 4000 or the SLK 900 either one is about as good as it gets for air cooling solutions using the same fan...:)...I like quiet since enduring the 80m/m Delta day's...As in 747 taking off screaming in your ears day's...Either way you can't beat em with a bat...;)

The Stock heatsink isn't crap. You may be able to get 300mhz out of the stock HS, but it isn't as high as an SLK or Swifty could get you.

Back