• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7N2 Delta and XP2100 Help multipliers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dutch777

Registered
Hi,
I recently picked up a K7N2 Delta, having messed about trying to overclock my XP2100b I can’t drop the multiplier on it it fails to boot so im currently stuck @ 175 X 13. Rather be at 11 or 12 X 200
I thought the NForce boards allowed for all multipliers any ideas a jumper or something that ive missed or have I got to unlock this cpu for lower multipliers. The bios is listing 7 -13. Just tried 7 X 133 and its booting as a XP2400 and showing as a 15 X Multiplier in Windows Why?
Any advice Regards Dutch

Delighted to see the NF is no better than the Via!!

Just got me a KT6 yesterday, same problem with my Tbred XP2100 but would not boot at all for 10*200, 13*166 or 10*133!! Suspect you need to do the socket wire trick - details here. Select socket view, Tbred, Unlock multi. And click on the link under the picture which takes you to a page with 4 options how to actually do it: I did the 1cm of hdd wire loop and had no problems, worked first time, now happy @ 10 * 200.

just take a small peice of wire and connect these 2 pins
socket.jpg

Thanks for the replys, Wire trick it is then, Pics a big help, Thanks Again.
Dutch

I tried connecting the 5th L3 bridge on my 2100 "B" 2 times and failed (which i dont understand since i was able to connect ALL of the L1 bridges on whichever processor you had to do that too a long time ago [XP 2000?], and did the 5th L3 bridge on my last chip before this one 2200 "A")

this looks simple enough so maybe ill give it a try.

Do the wire trick. It takes about 5 minutes and works much better I think. And you have less of a chance at damaging the chip, and no trace you have done anything if you have a problem.

I just did it last night with one tiny copper strand of speaker wire (monster cable) and it worked first try, I have all multipliers.

Hi, need to know if this wire trick works for me?, because my cpu is a AMD T-Bird 1.4; or in my case its better to use a pencil to connect the bridges?

Thanks in Advanced!

--------------------------------------------
My Specs.

MSI K7N2G-L - AMD T-Bird 1.4 Ghz (Locked) yet!
768 DDR MEM
80 GB WD 8 MB w/Buffer
SB Audigy Platinum
Combo Samsung (48/24/48/16)
XFX GForce 4 Ti 4200 128 DDR VIVO
PSU PowerLink 350 W

Back