• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI ALL In Wonder 9800 PRO Stock Cooling Vs My Planned Cooling plans,Please Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JP_Singer

Hello Folks I have TWO G4-VGA Copper Cooler Kits by Thermaltake and I planned on cutting the ramsinks so they would fit on my ATI AIW 9800 Pro and was wondering if the ramsinks would still do a good job if I stuck them on with the Dow Corning T-340 Thermal grease material that came with them,also would like to know if I moded the GPU heatsink to fit on the 9800 would it be better than the 9800 stock heatsink and fan?

Thanks

Last edited:
Giblet Plus! said:
"peeps"? Not shooting for mutual respect, are you?

I think you can find out the answers to your questions yourself.

Well not sure why your whining like a little girl but because for whatever reason you find the word "peeps" offensive I changed to "Folks" maybe this explains why you already have 6 stars, Well I am off to make a "SPAM" Sandwitch LOL.

Last edited:
Giblet Plus, what's your problem? Chill out.

JP - If that grease you have isn't adhesive, your RAMsinks will fall off. You'd do best using Artic Alumina thermal adhesive, but it is permanent.

JKeefe said:
Giblet Plus, what's your problem? Chill out.

JP - If that grease you have isn't adhesive, your RAMsinks will fall off. You'd do best using Artic Alumina thermal adhesive, but it is permanent.

Well its Double sided adhesive tape and I was wondering if that stuff works good.

thanks for responding I am greatful!!

double sided adhesive tape thats also thermal compound?...if it sticks i would use it....ive seen some pple use no thermal compound and just some epoxy....

on ramsinks its not a big deal to not have great thermal grease...i mean...its not like they get as hot as a cpu...they just need a bit of extra cooling by having some contact with the heatsink...

as for the heatsink on the gpu i would suggest some good adhesive.,..aka arctic alumina like JKeefe suggested....

I would use thermal epoxy on both the GPU and the RAM. There's no reason to intentionally use something with not-so-great thermal properties (and thermal tape fits into that category). Unless you need to remove the RAMsinks, use thermal epoxy. It transmits heat almost as good as Arctic Silver 3 but bonds permanently as well. As always, read the instructions on their website.

Back