• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar M7viw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drshivas

Sith Lord
Just want to share my experience with the Biostar M7VIW (KT266a, lan, sound) with anyone who might be interested...

I bought a Duron 1200 off a friend for $20 bucks a while back, and finally got around to using it as an upgrade, and didn't want to spend any more than I had to. I already had everything I needed, including some old-school, high performance PC133. Having both SDRAM and DDR slots, this board fit the bill. This is a screamer compared to my old Celeron 450a it replaced. Definitly not an overclocking board, but it is a great budget/extra rig/upgrade choice.

I highly recommend it to anyone that doesn't want to waste their PC133 memory.

HTH

If it supports a 1.2 Duron, it should support an Applebred. I'm thinking of getting a 1.6 just to see how far I can overclock it.

Bump.

I am looking into dropping an Applebred Duron in this board again (currently running a 1.2 Morgan.) It probably does, but perhaps someone here has done it or knows for a fact.

I have that board and i dont think it does run it. Biostar says it doesnt on their site.

M7VIW 1.0 VIA KT266A Socket A AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (266MHz)
AMD Athlon 1.4GHz
AMD Duron 1.3GHz

Back